Saturday, October 17, 2009

Why do I bother?

Okay...here's a quick one....

Last week I took Mags to The Melting Pot, a cool new restaurant in Bethlehem featuring fondue (well...it's a chain so it's not new to everyone....but it was new to her). Anyway, we enjoy a 4 course meal......cheese fondue with breads and veggies, a fresh caesar salad, an amazing array of proteins (chicken, filet, shrimp, salmon)....and of course the piece de resistance, dark chocolate fondue. We took more than two hours to eat....it was a lot of fun and delicious.

At the end of our meal, I go to pay the check....which was north of $100. She thanks me for taking me to such a cool place, and I ask her if this was now her favorite restaurant. I don' t think so she replies. I said, oh.....well it's at least better than Perkins. She agreed....and I said...and McDonald's.

She looks me dead in the eye and says, they're about equal.

Next time Chicken McNugget Happy Meal and pocket the change......

No comments:

Post a Comment