Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mmmm...starting a blog.....

I've been contemplating writing a blog for some time now, although I have no idea why. I mean really....who writes these things? Fourteen year old girls who need to share with the world their undying love for "fill in a first name" Jonas? Too hip for the room 20 somethings trying to make their mark on the world six readers at a time? Budding journalists who haven't taken the hint that newspapers are dead, but haven't gotten their break? Not usually forty-two year old guys with a pauch, hair like Charile Brown, and a fairly mundane life.

Nevertheless....I figured I like to write, and occasionally I have been told I can be funny....so why not. So far my favorite musings have been about my fantasy football league. Six guys and two girls who take this way too seriously. It's a pretty easy formula.....if you do something unconventional, and it doesn't work out.....I destroy them. but.....in a pithy way. It's awesome!! I send this out to them every week.....they can't wait for me to take them to task. A couple of them will actually send me pre-emptive strike emails to defend their actions. I then not only shred them for their decision, I'll mock them for their email. I realize this sounds amazingly sad to those not familiar with fantasy sports, but it gets me through the day sometimes.

Anyway...I'll drop a few sentences or a few paaragraphs on different stuff a couple of times per week....and hopefully some of it may be funny or interesting or even poignent once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world (though I confess I have been very lax in posting to mine lately). I seriously need this in RSS feed to Outlook though. Or at least post your links to FB so I can remember to read ;) And say hi to Tina for me (cuz I know she has to be one of the females in your Fantasy Football thing there). Hugs to you and Jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to explain that the fantasy football league is made up of 6 men and 2 very fun, sometimes sassy and always brilliant women ;-) (just thought it was important to include that). Look forward to checking to see what you have to say- have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Important clarification there, Kris. :)

    ::waves hi to MA::

    It should be noted here, for the record, that the destruction is often bi-directional. But since this is John's blog, we'll allow him the "Fantasy" in "Fantasy Football." And knowing John, this won't stay restricted to football for long, so let's wait for the fun to begin!

    ReplyDelete